20 YEARS, 20 EDITIONS
The restaurant industry is positioned as one of
the most important sectors of the Mexican economy;
its value is worth 300 billion pesos.
Source: AMR (Mexican Association of Restaurants)
What is the importance
of EXPO RESTAURANTES®?
Mexico has 555,122 establishments dedicated to the preparation of food and beverage.
For EXPO RESTAURANTES® is the ideal forum to offer your solutions products and innovations to the largest group of buyers in Mexico.
28, 29 & 30,
Online pre register
Mexican cuisine is recognized for its richness of flavors and ingredients and has been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), which favors our economy by being one of the main attractions for domestic and foreign tourists. Due to these higher demand of restaurants and commercial businesses they must offer more and better services, generating sources of employment as they need more staff such as chefs, waiters and administrative staff. During the Easter holidays, sales of the national restaurant industry were favorable with an average increase in turnover of 35%
Source: Secretaría de Economía
- In Mexico, the restaurant industry is the second largest employer nationwide and the first in self-employment.
- 7 out of 10 jobs in the tourism sector are contributed by restaurant establishments.
- There are 555,1222 restaurants in the Mexican Republic dedicated to the preparation of food and beverages, located in the following categories:
- Fast-food restaurants
- Formal restaurants
- Casual restaurants
- Coffee shops
- Mexico City houses 53,647 establishments
- The estimated total value of the restaurant industry is 300 million pesos
- 20% of the total Mexican population has the needs to eat take out on a daily basise
- Source: AMR